Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Style'n

waiting for our first big winter storm to hit....



Baskets,dried hydrangeas, ironstone, old silver, ruined vintage books, shutters, and my little handmade books come together.



Mixed textures add to the mix.



Can't get enough of making these miniature journals.



Mixing modern and vintage in my own eclectic style.  Don't you love this old ice chest I got for a very small price?  I am sure it was sitting in an outbuilding someplace as the back and bottom of the cabinet were quite water damaged.  I love the chippy white paint with the old yellow wood showing through,  The drawer with the lace and player piano rolls is metal.  the top is enamel like the old tables you can sometimes still find.  I adore this piece!


8 comments:

  1. What beautiful vignettes you have!! I wish I had the eye to decorate my home almost effortlessly. www.questofthenocturnalbake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traditional look in the home decorations.It look so beautiful.I like this type of decorations in the home.

      myob training

      Delete
  2. Lovely vignette. I am following and have put a link on my blog links so I remember to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cabinet is fabulous! Love the vignette on top. So nice visiting with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your old ice chest is wonderful!! I really like how you've styled it with a mix of different textures. Love your style!
    I'm a new follower and would be delighted if you'd stop by and follow back.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,
    your cabinet is fabulous, nothing better then white and chippy! Love the way you've styled the top, lovely!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing photos and styling. I love anything vintage and white, so you got me! :)

    Where are you from that you were waiting for the storm? I'm in Calgary and we had our (sort of) first storm on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kelly! I'm in Grand Forks, ND and the storm never happened... which is just fine. I'm loving the early spring and warm weather we have had this march.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!