Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pet Portrait

Spring has not quite settled in this year.  We have fresh snow on the ground.  And I am sooo antsy to start planting things and making the yard pretty for our short warm season.  Here is one project I could start while waiting for the sun and warm weather.
We have a large yard and in the far back is a large mound near the marais.  When the yard was flooded this spring, our dog Ginger always was on the mound sniffing around.  For awhile, this mound was a small island.  We decided it would be fun to name and decorate this area which is now known as “Ginger Island”.
ginger profile
This is Ginger.

gi2
This is my rendition of Ginger.





And this is her sign.  Next time I do a sign I will work on the lettering a bit more.  I love the weathered board I found in the junk pile behind an out building. Wish there were lots more with that perfect weathering.



I will have to post a picture of the sign installed when the sun comes out and the snow has melted away again.

Joining in on the following blog parties:




The DIY Show Off





Keeping It Simple

Today's Creative Blog

3 comments:

  1. pretty wonderful!! Great job. I have 2 dogs. Maybe I could put one on each end...
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from craftomaniac. This is so sweet. I wish I had any painting skills whatsoever so I could make one with out dog on it. I hope you'll stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!