Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Little Book Love

So shoot me, I am behind the times...  Anthropologie had book necklaces for sale last spring for over $100.00.   Not something I would buy, but definitely something I would copy!  And these are sooooo much fun to make.   Sweet little books.


Look how a little patience, old book pages, leather scraps from old wallets, and some jewelry making bits and pieces can come together to create a tiny bit of magic.

A little journal for tiny notes!

Should it be a necklace, a keychain, or both?  I've hung the books on the ball chain on my rearview mirror 'cause it makes me smile when I look at it.  And smiling on the way to work in the morning is a good thing....

I also forgot just how much better pictures I can take with this lens.

Big books and little books. 

 I think I will make some more of these.  A girl can never have too many books and journals can they?

 Perhaps even a short story should be written to exist in a tiny book....


$100 or free...  I like the free option!  Sorry Anthropologie... 




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Photobucket                                             French Country Cottage

The Shabby Nest

Days of Chalk and Chocolate

5 comments:

  1. These look great! You should join me in Handmade 52! http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/01/handmade-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super sweet! I love them. They'd be great as charms on book marks. Will you have a tutorial soon? My niece is a bookworm and I bet she'd love one on a necklace!

    Thanks for linking up to my little link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling~ sharing this at the party tomorrow- thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH those are cute, cute, cute. don't exactly know how you put it together...but I want one!! I just love mini things...and yes, way better than $100.00!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute .. I love books.. Where and how can I own one of these ??? Please please too cute not to own

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!