Saturday, June 11, 2011

Junk style garden decor

I love this!  I had so much fun searching for the bits and pieces and putting this together.  One of the benefits of having a home built on an old barnyard is that there is a  junk pile in the trees.  I have fun stuff for projects at no cost.




From bare to embellished-




My husband found the nest laying on the ground and saved it for me.  The rusty hinge came off an wood object that I took apart for another project.  The bittersweet vine has been in my garage since a country art show last fall.   The base is an old mailbox stand that was leaning against the back of the shop.  It just needed to be shortened and a base added.  Some of the metal bits came from an old wagon wheel that fell apart.
 

 The birdhouse is one I bought at a flea market/craft sale and added a little rusty metal.



I haven't decided where this will find a home in my yard yet.  I do know it will look fine where ever it lands!





What do you think?  A keeper?! 
And take a peak at my next post to see the table I built.






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


The Shabby Nest

3 comments:

  1. A keeper?!? That things'a work of art! :) LOVE it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done and so clever! I loved every bit of this project, including the cost. Each element complements the others, kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute; my favourite part is the keys hanging on the side! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!