Sunday, October 30, 2011

Messing around with book covers..

 One of my graduate school professors once called me a Renassaince woman--I am pretty sure that referred to the fact that I have a wide variety of interests and activities  (and only a few skills that are truly mastered as  a result).    So once again, off in a different direction!

         I have a pile of book covers from the old books I have dismembered for decorating purposes.  And    
        this one in particular simply called for something special to happen.  I love the central panel and its aged weathered look. 


                                                
    I added some birds cut out of vintage paper...



And a canvas twisted rosette.


 
 Stamped words on canvas cover the original title and author printed on this cover.




A bit of timeless inspiration to hang on the wall in the corner by my desk,


1 comment:

  1. Brenda,

    This is lovely!!!

    You are a true "Inspirational Renaissance Woman".


    Enjoy your creative journey...

    Hugs and Smiles,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!