Monday, October 29, 2012

Linens, Lace and History

These are some items that carry a bit of history as well as adding the interest of old fabrics and lace.  They hang in my guest room.


This bonnet is part of my baptism outfit.   Along with the bonnet is a sheer white cotton sleeveless dress and a smocked jacket.  Time has taken it's toll on the sheer cotton.


The scalloped edge and hand stitching are so dainty.



Here is a close up of the smocking.


Hanging next to the baptism outfit is a crinoline that belonged to my mom.



No starch and hanging softly now.


A soft contrast to my new grey walls.


 In the corner is the hem of a dress I wore as a preschooler.  Bits of the past lingering in the present and bringing smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!