Thursday, September 10, 2009

Details Do Matter

detail /n. dɪˈteɪl, ˈditeɪl; v. dɪˈteɪl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [n. di-teyl, dee-teyl; v. di-teyl]
an individual or minute part; an item or particular
a small elaborated element of a work of art, craft, or design


I was thinking about the things I especially love around my home. And why so many of us love other people's junk. It really is in the details. Those details that make up the patina, that tell the story of use, and show us the layers of history.

I am also learning that catching those details is difficult. And things like holding your breath, bracing your arms on a solid object, attending to light really are details that make the difference in whether you have a bad photo or a good enough photo. (Some day I aspire to good photos but I will settle for good enough for now...).

Here are some details from my home that I enjoy. What are the details that matter to you?








1 comment:

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!