Saturday, December 26, 2009

Playing with Fairies--again

I have had time to play with various ideas and materials while waiting for the snowstorm to fade away. I have had so much fun revisiting the idea of fairies and searching out vintage children's pictures. Meet some of my newest creations. They were spurred by a friend and co-worker offering to buy several fairies if I made some more. (Ugh, if anyone has advice on pricing feel free to email or comment. I've never sold anything before and it is really hard to think about putting a price on them.)












These are a bit more playful than my earlier ones with print wings.  I have decided I like both styles!


              

They are just so much fun and take on so much personality as I try different wings and think about how to decorate their jars.  Each one I make generates additional ideas.






Who knew you could capture fairies in the middle of a snowstorm?!




5 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I'm in a fairy mood too! Working on a Fairy Garden Paper Bag Album.
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee.. these little treasures always make me smile! So adorable and whimsical!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job-they look wonderful. Thanks for posting to the party.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely like these, especially the colorful butterfly wings. i also like the print ones. and you should send me all sort of those little flowers you make for me to put on hair pins and headbands! and you should make me an apron! and i like the sheet music flower holder/vase thing. love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. I love fairies... I want to do a little fairy garden this summer. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I am looking forward to going through your archives.
    Thanks again,
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!