Sunday, December 6, 2009

Its beginning to look like Christmas

It is begining to look like my version of Christmas anyway. One of the great things about our new place in the country is trees, lots of trees. I can find branches, gather greens, and enjoy inspiration all around me.



Several years ago I bought some geat ribbon/garland that consisted of small bits of glass and mirror on a glittered cord. Then the spools sat in my basket of ribbon waiting for the right time and place to use it.





Not sure where the idea came from, but I decided I needed some dead branches in my sunroom... Glitter garland and small metal stars finally found a match.













And since I also have a "thing" for nests, this seemed the perfect accessory for my branches.






As usual, I will continue primping and fluffing the room but here are the branches as they fit into the rest of the room.  The garland catches the light and shines and glints like crazy but my camera just won't capture it.  (Yep, Max is still enoying the newly slipcovered chaise. He and Ginger will be getting new Christmas collars later this week as soon as I pick up some more velcro.)



I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Max looks so comfy & cozy napping on the chaise :-) I followed your link to the collars & love your idea of using velcro! Everything looks so pretty at your house. No snow for us here yet although it is in the forecast for later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, your pup's soo cute! Don't you love it when they 'talk' in their sleep? Mine's grumbling right now! (and he must also be chasing somehting, his little feet are twitching a mile a minute!)

    I love the branches, I wanted to do a nature theme this year, but ended up going gold. (total opposite, I know. My hubby is still scratching his head over that one)

    The snow is beautiful! We woke up to a dusting, but it's already gone... Hopefully there is a lot more coming our way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!