Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm loving Nordic French style

I am really loving French Nordic style right now. It feels so very familiar and comforting somehow. It combines the things I love: organic, calm, well loved belongings, things combined and used in unusual ways, and lots of texture. I recognize it when I see it but I often have trouble putting words to my experiences so am working and being able to describe and define the styles I like.

The Christmas tree has been put away so I thought that I would try to create a bit of French Nordic style here.




A mix of textures and some contrasts...





Old books, and in French no less (Christmas present from my wonderful husband)...



Silver and pinecones for that mix of styles...



Lots of nature and organic with a bit of style...



No old rosaries, but some crystal beads that were Grandma's...



Did I sort of capture the French Nordic look?  I will keep tweaking.  Suggestions or constructive critic is welcome to help me develop my knowledge and style.




And for you viewing pleasure here are some new sites I found to peruse:
  Majsan Shabbychic
 
  Lantif

lottens vita och grona


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


8 comments:

  1. I love the mix of pine cones and candles. The vintage beads are amazing. Thanks for sharing and I think you are doing a great job of decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything looks wonderful. Anxious to see how you continue to decorate! Love the vintage beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no expert in the French Nordic look but what you did looks wonderful to me! I love the mixture of the silver and the pinecones and the beads and the old letters. Very pretty.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful- everything has a very peaceful feeling to it!

    Stop in to check out my giveaway!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with the term, but I'm loving what you're doing! Fresh, vintage, inspiring. Thanks for the eye candy. And for linking up to SNS!

    Fj Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like!!! Beautiful calming tones before the fluffiness and pastels of spring...PERFECT!!
    Very pretty!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little vignettes, what-ever style they may be! You have a lovely blog!
    Stop by ours and see what's going on right here in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, too! I hope you continue on. I'm completing craft projects, but I will also be decorating and trying to achieve similar results.

    Love it!!! and, following along so hope you do more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!