Sunday, January 3, 2010

Something a little different



This project is a bit different than much of what you have seen from me before. Not everyone likes shabby chic style (gasp!), so sometimes I do something bit different.  The picture doesn't really capture it well.  It looks pretty cool in person.  Although, even as I am posting this I can imagine this done in a shabby chic style.  Guess I have another project to try...







This is made of rolls of scrapbook paper tied with cord and glued to background.  Randomly add embelishments to the strings tied around the paper rolls.  Leave long strings when tying the rolls, glue the roles to the background and pull these strings in random patterns to the outside edge of the backing and tape them securely on the back.   Frame with a shadowbox frame.  I think this might look really cool with old music, printed pages, etc.  If anyone does more of a shabby chic or cottage style version of this, please send me a picture!  I'll add mine to this post when I get it done.

Linking up to cottage instincts



And if you haven't read Cindy's latest posts your are missing out. When you go check out her Make It For Monday party, you should take the time to read her posts about decorating and style.

7 comments:

  1. You are just so darn creative!

    I agree about Cindy's posts, they've been wonderful to read.

    Thanks for sharing this idea.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very different. But I can see it done shabby too. Thanks for sharing
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your sweet note,really made me feel good!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hallo brenda, soo glad that you found me som i found your lovely blog, im now a follower!!
    warm hug lotten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I so appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!